About The 108th Griffon Association
The 108th Griffon Association, Inc. has been in existence for over 10 years as a North Carolina non-profit corporation, tax exempt under Section 501(c)(19) of the Internal Revenue Code regarding military affiliated non-profits.
Its membership consists of present and former Soldiers and DOD civilian employees assigned, attached and/or detailed to the 108th Division (Institutional Training), now the 108th Training Command (Initial Entry Training). The 108th Training Command is a United States Army Reserve Two Star Command headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina with three subordinate One Star Divisions and over 8,000 Soldiers assigned to units located across the United States from Hawaii to Puerto Rico.
Despite the broad range of support historically provided to Soldiers and families by the Association, we knew we could do more with an expanded fund raising effort. Ten years of war and numerous deployments by Army Reserve Soldiers to include members of the 108th Training Command and its subordinate units have placed greater burdens on both families and Soldiers and hence greater opportunities for us and others to help. Therefore, the First Annual Soldiers and Their Families Golf Tournament came into being. With the success of this venture, our ability to provide much greater assistance to Soldiers and Families across the Army Reserve in cities and towns across this great Nation will be significantly enhanced.
In the past, the Griffon Association directed its educational efforts to support both the 108th and its Soldiers, civilians and families through such projects as:
- Funding an historical informational marker at Ft Jackson, SC celebrating 50 years of 108th support to the Army’s largest basic training base
- Funding several educational scholarships for Soldiers and their family members
- Funding for "Care Packages" sent to deployed Soldiers by Family Support organizations
- Providing manpower for Family Support activities within the Command
- Funding for awards recognizing outstanding Soldiers for their military accomplishments
- Special events to provide professional updates and information to retirees, family members and civilians.
Click here for a PDF of the Griffon Association Scholarship application.
Click here for a PDF of the Membership agreement.